www.bubit.com (where you can learn more)
download iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/bub-the-borrowing-hub/id1077977009?mt=8
download Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.sears.ecom.bub
Chicago Only: Make Money Lending Your Stuff
This week marks the first public release of bub in Chicago – the borrowing hub – a user driven app and community for lending and borrowing stuff.
Have things gathering dust in the garage, but don’t want to sell them? Make a few bucks renting them out on bub.
Need an item once, but don’t want to spend the cash buying it? Borrow it on bub.
Can’t find it on bub? Post a request and other users can respond with offers.
It’s easy to get started:
- Go to bubit.com and follow the links to download the app (or use these links)
- List some items – list 5 or more items and you’ll get $5 in Shop Your Way points.
See more details at bubit.com.
Not sure what items to list on bub? Here are some ideas…
- Tools: hammer drill, sander, compressor, specialty tools
- Event Equipment: party tent, tables, chairs, linens
- Sporting Goods: bike, volleyball net, tennis equipment
- Electronics: camera, game console, lighting, speakers
- Lawn & Garden Equipment: mower, pressure washer, tiller, trimmer
- And anything else you can think of that others may want to rent and you would be willing to rent out.
Still not sure if you want to lend items? Trust and Safety are built into the app.
- Qualifying items are insured against accidental physical damage up to $5,000
- Lenders are protected against late returns, loss, and theft
- Users chat within the app without sharing personal information
- Both lenders and borrower provide reviews after every transaction
- Transactions take place in the app and are secure
Thank you and good bubbing!
– the bub team